- AAF Thanks, Congressman Steve Rothman
- Text of Official Executive Order creating the Commission
- AHC Celebration at the Governor’s Mansion
- AAF welcomes NJ Governor’s decision to create American-Arab Heritage Commission
- Star-Ledger Lead editorial: The Arab American Story
- Update on the Arab Heritage Commission
- Governor Corzine to sign into law an Executive Order in October- More details here
- 2011 Annual Conference Set
- Proclamation from Prospect Park
Creating the Arab Heritage Commission has been an important goal of AAF. We believe 2008 will be the year to celebrate the results of our collective efforts.
AAF was the first Arab American organization to demand the establishment of a state-sanctioned commission. Now that John Corzine has assumed the Governorship of NJ, AAF is spearheading the campaign to ensure the Governor sanctions the Commission. We have a tentative set of By-laws and we have begun a statewide effort to solicit organizational and individual endorsements.
For over two years, we have been receiving strong media attention and several towns have actually passed resolutions in support of our demands. Sadly, others did not!
We are on the Governor’s agenda. The momentum must be maintained. Please show your support.
- Sharing the Arab-American heritage
- Jumping into the melting pot
- Putting a face on the Arab world
- Mayor balks at Arab heritage commission
- Commission gets support
The Arab-American Historical Foundation
The Arab-American Historical Foundation (AAHF) is dedicated to help gather, preserve and disseminate Arab-American history. It was founded in 1978 in Los Angeles by Joseph R. Haiek, publisher of The News Circle/Arab American magazine and the Arab-American Almanac series. The AAHF was registered in the State of California as an unincorporated non-profit organization in March of 2002.
Watch this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ2D8_70iEs